The following are additional user rights used here on the Shawshank Wiki:
- Moderators have the power to roll back multiple edits with just one click, and mark edits as patrolled.
- Administrators have the same powers as moderators and can additionally delete pages, protect pages and ban users from the wiki.
- Bureaucrats have the same powers as administrators but can can additionally give and revoke other people's administrative powers.
Users with additional rights
User rights requests
For you to be given additional user rights someone with bureaucrat access must make you one. Additional user rights are not a reward or indicator of added authority, It is trusting a user with access to certain technical features to aid in article or community maintenance.
Note: The below are only a guide and are subject to the current needs of the wiki. Bureaucrats can use their discretion when giving users additional rights.
The minimum requirements for becoming a moderator are:
- You've made at least 150 edits and at least 100 of these must be in the article, category, module or template namespace (i.e. talk page, blog and forum contributions do not count for these 100).
- You have been continuously active at this wiki for at least 1 month.
- You have not been site-blocked for a period of at least two months.
The minimum requirements for becoming an administrator are:
- You have made at least 200 edits and at least 150 of these must be in the article, category, module or template namespace (i.e. talk page, blog and forum contributions do not count for these 150).
- You have been continuously active at this wiki for at least two months.
- You have held the position of moderator, for a minimum of 1 month.
- You have not been site-blocked for a period of at least three months.
If you meet the requirements set out above and want to apply for additional user rights, then you need to start a thread in here titled Request (type of rights) – your username. In this thread, you should describe why you would like additional user rights and anything that supports your application.
If you hold additional user rights then you are expected to remain active in order to keep them. This is to help ensure there is an active team ready to help the community. As a guide if there is no suitable activity for a period of 6 months (editing or chat) then a message will be left on your talk page. If no response is received within 1 week then the rights will be removed from your user account.